Friday 25 November 2011

A dress a week til christmas - Week 9

Hello everyone! Welcome to week 9 of a dress a week til christmas! I'm a little excited about this week, the fabric has a little christmassy feel to it, and these designs are inspired by some of the vintage patterns I have (thanks Grandma!)
So here is this weeks fabric...
Rosey red with a black background, a cotton fabric with a slightly silky feel. Would be great for summer, nice and light.
And here's the designs...

1. Peasant style top with fitted middle and full skirt

Pretty much just like the picture, a nice style for picnics in the park on a hot summer afternoon.

2. Boat neck with pleat detail, full skirt

Sleevless boat-neck style, with a pleat detail around the neckline in front. Full skirt at knee length.
And last but not least...

3. Shirt style dress with sleeves, full skirt
A total winner if you are after the 50's housewife style. I have a sleevless version of this myself it's probably one of my favourites in my collection. I'm thinking contrast fabric for the collar and sleeve turn up's, most likely black.

So there it is, week 9 is underway! First person to email me at jennamclachlan@hotmail.com with which style they like can have it made up to their measurements for only $45. I know which one is my favourite I can't wait to see which is yours!

P.S: photos of week 8 coming very shortly, plus some other projects I have been working on lately.

P.S.S: are you loving the better quality photos? I sure am! Now just need to hijack some babes to dress up and take photos of. You know who you are.... look out.... hahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment